Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Getting Ready

OK, so I have been meaning to write this entry for just over a month now, but things have been so crazy getting ready for your arrival! On 11-11-11, we went in that Friday afternoon for your second ultrasound. There really was no reason to go, but Caroline’s doctor was ultra cool and made up a reason for us to get the second one done. Caroline was so sweet to let us tag alone. We met her in Salem and we all had lunch followed by coffee and tea at the cutest coffee shop in the middle of
town. We then headed over to the hospital and got to see you!!! I have never been so happy and excited and mesmerized in all my life. You are growing so fast since the pictures in your first ultrasound. They measured your body, legs, arms, head, etc. We could see your little heart beating! It was the neatest thing to see you. You even put on a little show and turned a few times, finally smiling for the camera. Well, we said you were smiling. You really kind of looked like
a little alien because your eyes were visible as the sockets in you skull. A little creepy, but nonetheless, super insanely cool! The tech was sweet. She printed out two sets of pictures so your
dad and I could have a few copies and Caroline could have a few copies. They are currently hanging on our fridge. Your dad’s face lights up so much when people come over and he can show them off. He glows with pride! We sent a picture of the ultrasound picture via cell phone to all our family on the way home. Everyone is so excited to know you are so close to being here!
Meanwhile, in the last month, it has been busy-busy. We cleaned out your room. It used to be our office, and we never really kept the most organized of offices. So, it took a while to get it completely emptied! Between now and the end of the year, I plan on painting the room and
getting the nursery completely ready. Part of my hold up as been the colors I want to use for your room. I was never an all pink type of girl, and if you are anything like Caroline, I’m guessing you won’t be either! My favorite color was always blue growing up, so I was on a mission to find a girly blue nursery idea. I think I have found one. We will see! I’m excited to see how it turns out. This Saturday, Caroline, Dorie, and I are driving all the way to Pittsburg to the Ikea there to stock up on nursery decorating gear. I can’t wait. I’ve been waiting on this trip for weeks. It has been very hard to hold off on buying things because I am so excited.
So far, I have really restrained myself from buying any clothes for y ou. I did cave one day and
buy the cutest little onesie. It is pink with footies and has cupcakes on it. I couldn’t help myself! I’m glad I have held off. A complete stranger GAVE me 2 boxes of adorable little girl clothes when we bought the bassinette from her. Another friend of mine gave me
another arm load of bags of clothes. My best friend Erin (I can’t wait for you two to meet) already sent me a package with three outfits in it, and your Aunt Emily told me you were pretty much set for clothes for the year. I’m guessing those will show up around Christmas or at your baby shower.
Today I set up the dates for two baby showers. Looks like I’m going to Georgia two weekends
in a row in January. I’m cramming them all in because I have this nagging feeling you may show up early. The last thing I want is to be that far away when you decide to enter the world! So,
keep those dates in mind. Keep growing, and we’ll see you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.